No, not the Booker Prize. Or the Nobel Peace Prize. The bastards have stopped answering my phonecalls.
It’s a blogging thing. The lovely Lily of Don’t Quote Lily has nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award, which is obviously lovely, because it means that my trusty little stickmen and the various things that I have said on this blog have gone down well. So thank you Lily, and thank you, dear readers, for continuing to listen to me when I say things – my little stickmen and I are very appreciative.
Bless him, so excited.
So anyway, here are the rules for this award:
1. Add the award to your blog – I’ll let you know when I’ve worked out how to do that.
2. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and add a link to their blog – done and done, thank you Lily.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself – see below for said randomness.
4. List the rules – these are the rules and this is rule number 4.
5. Give the award to 15 or more bloggers – see below for the lucky blogging dudes.
So, random things about me.
1. When I’m alone in the house, I quite often put on the music channel and pretend I’m a better dancer than Beyonce will ever be.
2. I love Blackpool. And I don’t care what anybody says.
3. If someone said to me: ‘Becky, we’ll pay for you to fly over to Las Vegas, live in a hotel room in the Bellagio, and be a Las Vegas showgirl for a year, but you have to give us your soul’, I would say ‘WHERE DO I SIGN?’
4. I like bananas, but banana-flavoured stuff can go to hell.
5. When I was 18 I recreated, by ear, several major classical works (and a bit of Steely Dan) on my dad’s super-technical keyboard and turned it into a symphony, which I presented to my parents for their Silver Wedding Anniversary. And, incidentally, you can listen to it here. Just call me Becky Beethoven.
6. Also when I was 18, I said the following: ‘I want to have at least one novel published by the time I leave university, and by the time I’m 25 I want to have my own sitcom on the BBC.’ Because when you’re 18, that’s how easy it is.
7. I would rather be a cowboy than a pirate.
So there we are. And here are the 15 amazing bloggers who I am nominating for an award, in no particular order:
The Evolution of Insanity – some ruddy funny ranting going on there
Speaker 7 – for her unbelievably amusing reviews of the Godawful Fifty Shades trilogy
The Blog of Funny Names – the sheer volume of funny names they unearth is quite magnificent
This Is Ferg – amazing photos and goings on in Barbados
Death On The Stairs – some of the funniest anecdotal banter I’ve ever read
Idiot-Prufs – very amusing observational thoughts
Best Bathroom Books – best title ever (and some pretty fun stuff inside, too)
Anxiety and Biscuits – funny life thoughts
Dysfunctional Literacy – excellent thoughts on life and writing
Joe’s Shitty Ideas – he shouldn’t put himself down, because his ideas are frankly genius
Kristin Bergene – a very good writer, from bits of prose to everyday bits and bobs
WonderWimp – constantly amusing, very insightful
Live to Write – excellent blog for writers, loads of interesting articles and tips
Clotildajamcracker – weird name, funny blog
My Parents Are Crazier Than Yours – very prolific blog, probably doesn’t need this award, but it’s still some funny stuff
And after all that I’ve worked out how to stick the award nomination picture on my blog:
Thanks again to Lily, and to everyone who listens to the things I say. You guys are the best.